Apr 25, 2015

Sweet Saturday

We had such a good day today.

It started out so early! We were preregistered to help at the high school with the Comcast Cares Day of Service and we had to be there between 7 and 8 am. We finally dragged all the kids out and showed up about 7:15. They gave us these fun green t-shirts and fed us donuts and juice for breakfast.

We had a little time to sit around and eat and take selfies before the service projects started at 8:00. We were excited to be assigned to the preschool area since Princess teaches in there. Most of us ended up working on the playground. There were lots of weeds! After 2 1/2 hours of weed pulling, I was tired.

Thankfully, the work was mostly finished and they brought in pizza for lunch (at 10:30). I was glad because I don't think we would have waited around until noon just to eat.

We got home about 11:30 and worked on some Saturday cleaning. Bossy got the kids to plant some flowers in the front yard and I took care of some Tupperware stuff. After a quick trip to the grocery store and an even quicker nap, we got dressed up for the Payson Temple Open House.

It rained during the hour drive to Payson, but I read Caddie Woodlawn to the kids and they were fine. We were soaked by the time we finally got back in the van. The temple is beautiful! My favorite parts were the stained glass windows and the unique paintings. The girls loved the floral designs on most of the furniture and rugs and my sweetie admired the tile.

If you get a minute, hop over to www.lds.org and take a look at the pics. Were weren't allowed any photography inside the temple. Hope you had a sweet Saturday as well.



 More fun pics.





2 comments:

Marci said...

I love that you were able to go to the open house! I saw photos of the Payson temple online a few days ago-it is gorgeous!

LeAnn said...

Hard work but a very fun day. I think it is awesome that you have already been to the Payson Temple open house.
When they first started to build it we were thinking of moving down there when we retire. I think we are staying right where we are.
I love the service project and the green shirts.
Blessings for this one!