Aug 27, 2021

Traveling Together - Flight Delayed


We have been looking forward to this trip for months. Curly was supposed to play baseball at Cooperstown this week, but when his team pulled out because a few of the parents refused to get Covid vaccines, we were left with some reservations that couldn't be canceled. So we decided to go anyway.
Curly and Baby Doll had never been on an airplane before and they were excited (and nervous!) to fly. I was in my car, ready to check them both out of school on Thursday for our 5:10 flight when we got an email informing us the flight was delayed by a couple of hours. I decided to pick up the kids anyway.
When we finally got to the airport, the flight was delayed again until 7:30, which was good because my sweetie accidentally left his phone at the house and we had to wait for Drama Queen and Sport to run it out to the airport for us. It was the perfect time to grab a bite at Cafe Rio.
It seemed like we waited forever, but they finally got us all loaded into the plane. Instead of just before midnight, we were due to arrive closer to 2:00 AM.
The flight was uneventful until I got a horrible cramp in the back of my leg. I stood up to try to walk it off, but the only place to go was the restroom. When that didn't work, I asked the flight attendant if she had any answers. We tried a couple of things that didn't work and then she opened a can of Bloody Mary mix and poured the entire thing into a cup.
I chugged it down (it was awful!) and finally the cramp became more tolerable. I guess the potassium in the tomato juice did the trick.
Other than my sweetie leaving his wallet on the plane, everything else was smooth. The shuttle picked us up, dropped us at the hotel and we fell into an exhausted sleep.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

Dog-Walker said...

Now, I understand why you sent me that laughing emoji text when I asked you how the trip went so far. I'm sorry to hear about all that exhaustion and stress.