Aug 28, 2021

Traveling Together - Connecticut

Friday morning dawned bright and early and we were SO tired!!

We managed to get up in time for the free breakfast (Embassy Suites does a great job!) and then we checked out. My sweetie walked over to the Hertz place and picked up our rental car while we brought down the bags. Within minutes we were on the road.

We could have headed straight down I-90, but I had heard that the road construction was causing long delays, so I mapped us a fun little detour that dropped us down into Connecticut for the day. Since Saturday is my sweetie's birthday, I wanted to take him to a science museum and Hartford had one that is listed as "amazing!" on the internet. We were not disappointed.

The kids always love the hands-on exhibits the most. 


My favorite was this one although Curly kept accusing me of falling asleep...

My sweetie loves anything engineering in nature, so the Motion floor was his favorite. 

He even beat Curly on the motion bikes, but it's possible that Curly let him win. 

After more than 3 hours in the museum, we decided it was time to hit the road. 


We were still an hour and a half outside of our condo site. We grabbed some fried chicken at Chester's and then we were off.

More tomorrow...

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I see you are on another trip. I love all the fun places you have been lately. I will try to go back and catch up.
However, I'm sad, I haven't been able to catch up on reading blog posts. I haven't done a blog for over a month which is the first time in 11 year. I'm really stressed about it. Hopefully, this month, I can get to it. It's been a while month that I will explain when I get some moments.
Sending love and hugs!