Jul 10, 2021

Traveling Together: Fast & Furious - F9

Remember way back in the day when my sweetie and I went to Logan to see the first Fast & Furious movie because I accidentally grabbed free tickets from a theater there? So every week for the next 7 weeks, we were able to get free tickets from our own local theater. After the first week, our kids figured it out and they started getting tickets of their own... then the grandkids... it became a party every Friday night for 2 months!

Really though it was the buildup for the new F9 movie and I kept telling the kids that we would see the new movie while we were on vacation in Phoenix. So I checked with the Concierge and he was able to hook me up with some discount passes to the Harkins Theaters. We even got seats in the Cine Capri with the comfortable reclining seats.

F9 did NOT disappoint! We had a great time, lots of popcorn and soda; the fitting end to our 2-month movie marathon.

After the movie we spent our last evening swimming in the amazing pool of Scottsdale Links Resort. Baby Doll and I played chess with their ginormous chess set (sorry, these pics are from the night before when my sweetie let me checkmate him in only 5 moves). 

She didn't want to leave without trying out the playground.

The sun set beautifully on our last evening. Honestly, I would 100% go back there even with the heat. 

A few more random days before we will finally sleep in our own beds again. 


No comments: