Apr 18, 2021

Sanpete County

 As you all know, Baby Doll is a 4th grader and that means two things, she gets a free National Parks Pass, and she has to do a County Report. Not surprisingly, when it was her turn to choose, she picked Sanpete County. I'm pretty sure just about every one of our kids picked Sanpete County since that is the small-town Utah area where my sweetie and I both grew up. Not to miss a great opportunity, we made sure to carve a little time out of our Spring Break to take a trip back to where it all began...

Our first stop was a visit with Grandma. My sweetie tries to get down to see her regularly so he can handle home repairs and coordinate her yardwork. The kids like to do her dishes and we typically go to the store for her. 

The only real grocery store in town is Terrel's and they have the BEST donuts!

After leaving Mt. Pleasant, we continued down the road to Ephraim, the home of Snow College. I grew up in Ephraim, but that is also where I met my sweetie. He was a student at Snow and I was a senior in high school, but you can easily find our love story here on the blog, and this is a post about Baby Doll's County Report.

We stopped a few more places in Ephraim before piling in the car and driving to Manti. My favorite part of Manti has always been the Manti Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My sweetie and I were sealed there for time and all eternity.

But Manti is full of other memories too. My MIL worked here in the basement of the County Courthouse for the USU Extension Service.

We drove past my old high school where my dad taught math and driver's ed for 40 years. Then we stopped at Miller's to grab a hamburger. My best friend, Leslie, and I would sometimes run to Miller's for lunch because she worked there, but we never bought hamburgers. We always bought a dozen donuts and then split them right down the middle. Those donuts always helped keep me awake during my driver's ed and math classes...

Small town, small school.

Great report, Baby Doll!!

2 comments:

Dog-Walker said...

The Manti temple was also known for the coolest event called The Mormon Miracle Pageant. It's a pity that it's not performed anymore, but those really were fun times in Sanpete County. I even liked the little campsite that was behind the temple when Teach and I were there for a Young Men and Young Women trip.

LeAnn said...

I love small towns. You have mentioned some favorites. My Dad used to drive an ice cream truck and deliver Ice-cream from Richfield to Eureka; so I sometimes got to go with him. We hit all these little places. I was sealed to my parents with my two brothers in the Manti temple, so it is a favorite.
Blessings and hugs!