Apr 4, 2021

Happy Easter, Everyone!!

We had an amazing Easter weekend. Most notably, late in the evening on Good Friday, Teach and Twiz and my two cute grandkids climbed off an airplane in Salt Lake City. We were there to meet them with tons of smiles and hugs. It will be a fun and exciting 10 days while they are here!

Saturday morning dawned bright and early with a volleyball tournament for Scout. We were assigned driving detail for the team, and the pickup time was 7:00 am, so we had to get up early. Since I have so many things to tell you about the weekend, I will just say that Scout did a great job and we were really proud of her! 

We tried to listen to conference on my phone in between games, but I'm going to have to listen to all the sessions again soon since I felt a little disconnected with all the noise in the gym. 

The tournament took most of the day and by the time we dropped the girls off at Sports City, it was nearly 5:00 pm. Thankfully, Teach had cooked dinner, and Drama Queen had all of the eggs boiled and ready to color. 

Bossy's family and The Beast's family were joining us for dyeing eggs. It has been our tradition to allow each person to dye a dozen eggs, so if you are doing the math, Drama Queen boiled 19 dozen eggs and Bossy boiled the ones for her family. 

Even though we had plenty of dye cups, it still took several hours before we were ready to clean up. 

I fell into bed just after 2:00 am.

Thankfully, the kids had stayed up late watching a movie and they didn't get up until 9:30 am. After we looked through our baskets, we starting looking for nearly 12 dozen eggs. Twizlet and Baby Doll had a great time searching. They love being together again.

This post is getting so long! I think I will say goodnight now and finish up our Easter Sunday activities for you tomorrow. I hope you had a great day with plenty of family, love, and laughter.

Happy Easter!


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that does sound like a busy Easter Weekend. So happy you could have some many there for the egg decorating. I loved all the fun photos.
Blessings and hugs to all!