Nov 19, 2020

Traveling as Two: Rainy Day Activity

Saturday was our last full day at Water's Edge Condominiums. It was a good thing we had planned a rest day, because the pounding rain would not have cooperated with sightseeing. I had taken along a felt stocking I was making for the Dog Walker and I was excited to finish it up.
But that meant I needed a new project. My sweetie had taken me to JoAnn's and I was excited to actually find something we could do together. 
A couple of decades ago, we had enjoyed painting ceramics together, so I picked up these little kits for just under $1 each. We were extremely limited in brushes and resources, but each one had a brush so we cut bristles and reshaped them to give us more options. Each kit had 3 paint pots, but without blue or black, mixing colors was tricky. In spite of the challenges we were pleased with how they turned out and they will be a fun reminder of this trip.
Tomorrow we make our way back to Portland...our amazing vacation is almost over.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

The sock for Dog Walker is so cute. I do love that you do some crafts together. We are planning on making a Gingerbread House this year.
Love and hugs!