Nov 12, 2020

Traveling as Two: Newport

I have been to Newport Beach in California, so when my sweetie said we were going to Newport, I figured we would be spending most of the day in the car, but as it turns out, there is a beautiful little port by the same name in Oregon.
This looks just like Arial's rock!!

We hiked our way up to the lighthouse, but it was closed for renovations (before COVID-19 could get to it...)
Then my sweetie suggested we visit the tidepools down on the rocky beach. After about 6 flights of rickety wooden steps and a visit with the ranger, the shifting rocks kept us from doing much exploring.
I did see some lime green anemones before we made our way back up those steps so we could finish our hike back to the parking lot.
I wanted to see the sea lion dock, so after we left the park, we drove into town. It wasn't hard to find them; we just followed the continuous barking.
When we started giving them names that sounded suspiciously like our kids' names, we decided it was time to leave.
I love bridges and harbors and looking at the various boats.
Finally, we made our way to a seafood place my sweetie found. It had a market beneath it and the fish was fresh and delicious!
We each had a different variety of cod, but my favorite was the seared tuna appetizer. 
Tired and full, we headed back across the bridge to our condo. Another day gone and we still have so much we want to see.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing all the fun photos of your moments on this day. It looked like a lot of fun. Sorry, that some areas were closed. Your dinner sounded delicious.
Blessings and hugs!