Mar 10, 2020

Selling Cookies

Baby Doll has been out delivering cookies for the last couple of weeks and we still have about 700 packages in our living room to be sold at the cookie booths over the next few weeks (I used to have 200 cases with 12 boxes in each one!). I have plenty of booth times to move this many cookies on a regular year, but this year we are a little nervous.

Look at this little cutie!
Everyone is talking about Coronavirus and how awful it is. Even the Girl Scouts have sent around emails to tell us to prepare just in case our booth times are taken away from us and that would be devastating to nearly every troop in the country.

We run all of our activities with the money we make on cookie sales. In the 27 years I have been a troop leader, I have never charged my girls dues for anything. I want them to work hard and earn first so we can do fun and informative things all year long.

So please, if you see those little girls at the grocery stores all over Utah this week, buy a box of cookies from them. Their smiles will be so worth the $5 that little box will cost and if you don't want it, toss it in the bin for the Food Bank. I guarantee you will make someone else smile as well.

Hey, this is nothing to what it used to be!
And hopefully, somewhere around the end of March, I just might get the rest of my living room back.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My daughter troop is disbanding at the end of April so they didn't sell any this year.
My mom is in South Jordan and would love some. Let me know when and where so we can both get some from you.

Thanks!

Mom of 12 said...

Jennifer, please email me at twelvemakesadozen@gmail.com and we will figure out how to get you and your mom some cookies!
Thank you so much,
Sandy