Mar 21, 2020

New Starts - School and Play

Things are so different now, but that's not all bad. I don't know exactly how long it has been since I have been able to sit at the kitchen table with my family and play a board game. I have seen many of them happen, but generally I am doing dishes or cleaning up dinner. Not this time. We had a rousing game of Apples to Apples and I actually won!

We have had time to do a few crazy things as well. On Tuesday, Curly and Baby Doll pumped up our little swimming pool and filled it with hot water from the sink and cold water from the tap. I was worried they might freeze to death, but it was a beautiful day and quite warm for March.


Another thing that has been happening more around here is that the kids are spending more time in the kitchen learning to cook foods besides canned chili and Ramen. Night before last, Curly fried chicken strips in the fryer (something he had never done before!) while Scout and Baby Doll made a beautiful tray of sliced and peeled fruit and a fruit dip. Maybe we could get excited about cooking a little more at home. (As most of you know, cooking is my least favorite task... the harder you work at it, the more they complain.) 


My sweetie is also spending time fixing our broken basketball standard! This one has bothered the kids for quite a while, but they will be so happy when they can burn off some of their nervous energy on the court instead of getting all of their exercise on the trampoline.


But one of my most favorite things was being serenaded by my very own band!


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I'm happy to see that you have some fun moments and creativity here.
Blessings and hugs for all!