Mar 30, 2020

Guest Blogger: Reading Harry Potter to the Kids by the Dog Walker


My mom has asked me to write a blog post for her, probably because she was hoping for more followers to come read it much more, since I have autism and she tells me that a lot of you think that I have much more interesting stories of my life. And speaking of stories, that's what I've been doing ever since I've been self isolated on the quarantine of the coronavirus. I was feeling so worried about Puppy Lover because ever since her Mom talked about me having to stay at my parents' house for a couple of weeks, just because of the desperate spread of the coronavirus. She's been missing me so much and wishes that she would give me a hug and a kiss, just like a loving wife should always do. I even have been trying my best to be a good husband to her and she believes that I am a good husband no matter what's been going on.

Anyway, ever since this self isolation has started, I've been reading the first book of Harry Potter to Baby Doll and Curly, because they have to do some reading hours for school. And they really enjoyed the way that I've been reading to them. It kind of reminds me of the time that I used to read Harry Potter books to my Mom whenever I was required to some reading for school. Doing something like this had been a challenge for me when I was a kid, but it sure had been fun to learn how to read and ever since that time, I still love to read stories like this one. Ever since I've been in college, however, I always had to read a chapter from a textbook and those were the hardest to do, because I had to remember all the things I've been reading, especially out loud to my Mom, just so that she could help me understand what it is that I've been trying to learn from a specific chapter in a specific class.


Okay, I'm getting a little off topic here. Every now and then of everyday on the self isolation, Baby Doll and Curly would become very excited to hear more about what would happen in the next chapter of Harry Potter. There were the times that whenever I've read, people wouldn't be paying attention, but ever since I've been learning more on how to read, especially reading something in such an entertaining and dramatic way, they find interest in hearing more of me reading. Reading books like this makes me wish that I could be able to read to Puppy Lover. I even tried asking her if she would be interested if she heard me read a book to her, but she told me that Harry Potter is not her favorite thing, probably because she finds it weird and confusing. But I'm hoping there will be a book series that she would love to hear me read to her, I just need to find out what it is that she likes.


Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone|J. K. Rowling
Add caption
Besides, I still love to read books to people, because it helps me spend more quality time with the people who have an interest in hearing a story or two. And it makes me feel like I'm being a good and supportive person whenever I read.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, Dog Walker, you do write the best of posts. I enjoyed reading about what you are doing while being Quarantined. I think it is awesome that you are reading to your siblings.
Sending hugs your way!