Mar 27, 2020

Olympics Games at Home

Curly had been studying Greece at school and all the kids in his class were looking forward to having their own Olympic games. Now the COVID-19 virus has everyone at home and we are trying to home-school the kids. The thing is, Curly still has an assignment on his list to host the Olympic Games... and since he can't work with his friends, guess who gets to participate?

We probably should have done a little more to prepare, like lit a torch and stuff, but we didn't. As soon as the weather was decent (we had snow this morning!) Curly called us all outside to run the 20-yard dash. Now you all know that I have been wearing this big old boot for the past 5 weeks, but what you don't know is that early this afternoon, my doctor told me that I could switch to my old brace that I used prior to my surgery!!

Yay!! No more boot!
So I didn't run the 20-yard dash, but I did WALK it and my sweet Curly decided that anyone who had surgery in the last 3 months could have 1/2 their actual time. I still came in second to last, but I'm just happy to be moving.


Other events included the Javelin (with a pencil).


The shotput (a wiffle ball).


The discus (paper plates)


And my personal favorite (maybe because I usually win!), thumb wrestling!

Overall, I placed 4th, so I was edged out of a medal, but barely. And since we didn't even actually award medals, I guess I'm OK with it.

No more freezing between events... this is the Summer Olympics!
But next time we host our own Olympics, things are going to be a little different...

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It does look like you are finding fun things to do since we have the stay home, stay safe order. I find you very competitive and fun.
Hugs!