Mar 14, 2020

Corona Virus Cancels Everything

I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling totally out of control in our rather surreal world today.

On Thursday morning, Princess brought her two kids up and we spent a nice few hours visiting, going out to lunch, and enjoying regular world activities.


After that, nothing seemed normal. Bossy called to tell me that Sam's Club had all of the checkstands open with a dozen carts waiting in each line. There was no toilet paper, eggs, flour, bread, cheese... shelves were empty and still people poured into the store just hoping they might be able to find what they need.


Baby Doll and I went to Parent Teacher Conferences alone because my sweetie was in St. George with Curly for a baseball tournament. I couldn't go because Scout had a volleyball tournament, Baby Doll had a dance competition, and I had 600 boxes of cookies that still needed to be sold during 6 hours of cookie booths scheduled for Saturday.

Except one by one, all of those things were cancelled except the cookie booths. Ours were scheduled for the last day they were allowed to be held. My world was rapidly falling apart and there was absolutely nothing we could do. All County libraries are closed, Rec Centers and community buildings are closed, museums, even Disneyland, all closed.

Empty Shelves at the WalMart where Dog Walker works
Sport's Eagle Court of Honor was cancelled along with every other activity that ever went on in our church for at least the rest of the month. Sunday worship will now be held in homes of the faithful. Today even the temples were closed all over the world. Grandpa is home since his mission is on hold. March Madness basketball tournaments, the NBA, everything stops as the world as we know it grinds to a halt. Now I know that none of these things are truly important compared to people being sick and dying. They don't even matter when it comes to realizing how many people are currently living in fear. Everyone on TV says that they are just being preemptive, but in my heart of hearts, I know that right now the world is being run by fear. This Corona Virus can strike anyone and even though the majority of people recover; money, fame, power, none of these matter.


The final ax fell today when all public schools in the entire state of Utah were closed to students for the next two weeks. Schoolwork will be online and parents will be hunkering down with their families while they watch for the Corona Virus storm to pass us by.


Dear Heavenly Father, please watch over us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here in Vancouver Washington schools will be closed for 6 maybe even more weeks..There have been many in extended and care centers for the elderly closed with some residents passing to Jesus..We live right next to a public high school what are the kids to do? what are the first responders and firefighters and police to do??? My husband needs to get a resolution to a nagging medical problem and my kidneys are shot, I ask the Lord to take me first and keep my husband safe..Our only lives in the far east of our country she is in much better shape than in Washington state where we live..No one is guaranteed tomorrow we can only live today..I pray and pray and my husband is feeling a little better..Now are the times that try the human soul, if one doesn't believe in a God well I feel they will be lost indeed..Enjoy your blog and your love of the Lord and your hubs too and entire family..If there were more people like you folks our juvenile jails would be empty..faith family and I say some good food..peace to you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say I enjoy your blog and pray for you and your family..It looks like your foot is healing praise God for that..too bad you had to have the operation but I feel that God watches out for his faithful seervants..I live around a lot of LDS families and they seem far happier than the others, they have always been so kind and loving to me and my family..They seem to live their faith and happy with their faith..too bad that others cannot have that faith because the times we are in are testing many and in my opinion ONLY GOD will save a person..Have a most wonderful week with your loving hubs and loving family...peace to you & yours!!!!!!!!!!!!