May 25, 2013

Free Screenings

I know you are all on pins and needles about Bossy's truck, but she has promised to post the sequel on Sunday.  Sorry, but you know how these grownup kids are...they don't have to obey me anymore and that was the best I could get.

It's the same thing with husbands. At least that has been my experience. Oh, I think if I really told him what to do he would do it, but then I would never hear the end of it, so I've learned over the last 30 years (yes, we have been married 30 years in September!) to choose my battles wisely.

Like last time I visited with my OB/GYN, he reminded me that at 48 it was time for the mammogram and the colonoscopy. I'm not really excited about THAT part of growing older. Nor am I excited about the expense of hospital and doctors' bills either. You know my gall bladder surgery last week? Just the hospital visit was about $4000 and that doesn't count my trip to the ER or the surgeon or the anesthesiologist or all the other people who had to have a hand in it.

That's why I was pretty excited when I received an email for free Skin Cancer screenings from the Utah Health Care group. All you have to do is call for an appointment and they will fit you in during their clinic on June 1 from 9:00 to noon.

I'm seriously thinking I should call. I have very fair skin and I tend to peel and burn and then peel and burn again. I also have quite a few moles. I had one of them removed about 5 years ago because it looked to me like it was changing and even though it turned out to be nothing, it was still scary.

My brother-in-law spent a lot of time water skiing and he had a huge spot on his back that they removed a few years ago too, but.his happened to be a very aggressive skin cancer that could have caused some real damage if they would have ignored it.

And my sweetie's grandpa got a patch on his nose just from working in the garden!

So this just might have to be one of those battles that I talk to my sweetie about...because I'm looking forward to the next 30 years and I want to have him right here with me!

**I received a small fee for sharing the important information on this free clinic.**

1 comment:

Marci said...

Ahh! I am anxious to hear about the truck!

I keep putting off writing my post about Emma's birth because I was readmitted to the hospital Wednesday night with what we thought at the time was a crazy virus, but now we're not sure that's what it was. It seems now like its some intense acid reflux issue. I'll be sure to update m blog once I get home- I can't imagine trying to post a blog post from my cell phone.