Dec 8, 2016

'Tis the Season... for Concerts

Life is so busy around the holidays and part of that is because of all the Christmas performances and concerts. Oh, don't get me wrong... I love watching my kids perform, I just wish it didn't take so much time out of an already busy season.


Why can't we do concerts in January?

But I digress...

Tonight we watched Scout and Curly in their band concert. Both are in the beginning band; Curly plays the clarinet and Scout plays the saxophone. They are both surprisingly good considering they have only been playing for about 3 months.

This concert was quick at less than 30 minutes for both bands to play, but I must admit it is the best concert from the biggest band we have ever seen at their elementary school.


The grandsons have a concert next week as does Sport and Fajita's is the following week. We also have the stake Choir Concert on Sunday and then our ward choir will perform on Christmas Day.

Do Singalongs count? We have two of those coming up as well!


We celebrated the kids' success by going to Culver's and using our free ice cream coupons for the flavor of the day that they earned from Reflections. I guess I could go to another half dozen concerts this season... as long as ice cream is involved...




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I always love your humor. Yes, anything is better with IceCream. I remember how busy Christmas concerts can get if you have a large family and mine was 1/2 of yours so I can't imagine. It is a treasure moment to watch your children perform; I hope you did videos.
Christmas blessings and hugs~