Dec 5, 2016

Gingerbread Houses and the Christmas Devotional

I think it's pretty safe to say that I just love having my kids around me. Tonight we had another "not" party which means nobody had a birthday, but we still wanted to get together and share some of our favorite holiday traditions. My sweetie made a big pot of chili after church and the family, including Little Sis and her family, showed up just in time to settle in for the Christmas Devotional.



After we had eaten, the Dog Walker and I set up a decoration station for gingerbread houses. He went a little crazy buying candy for the event, but the little ones thought it was amazing!

We were over 4 hours start to finish with people still working on their houses. The Frog entertained us by playing Christmas songs on his accordion. Homework and scriptures and bed for the little ones and I spent nearly an hour cleaning up from the festivities.



Fajita posed with her house and then took it into the kitchen to put it on the counter.
I heard a tiny scream and she had dropped her beautiful house.
I'm so happy for days like these, when we can remember that we love each other and we enjoy being together in spite of falling houses and tummy aches. At least no one threw up this time...

How was your weekend?








1 comment:

LeAnn said...

You do such fun activities and I loved this one. The house was just beautiful before it fell. I am happy you got a good photo of it.
Hugs for all!