Dec 3, 2016

Slowing Down

It's been so nice to enjoy a little bit slower week. The constant chasing wears me down. Yesterday we took our Wolf Den to City Hall to see the various offices and the candy windows. They didn't officially open until today, but in some ways it was even more interesting. Did you know that you can melt gummy bears with a blow dryer but if you get them too hot they will scorch? They were turning this huge pile of blue ones into what would eventually look like water. (I'll show you some pics when we manage to get all the kids over there.)


I've also spent a bunch of time getting paperwork in order although I've yet to write my Christmas letter and get my cards out. I did buy my stamps though. Baby Doll is always my big helper after school. See what a nice job she did of my hair?


We are doing another boutique at Curves this weekend, so I served my 3 hours this afternoon. I averaged one customer each hour and only sold $15 in Tupperware. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. At least it was nice and quiet and I was able to work on the editing of my sweetie's grandma's family history. We have a deadline now of the first week in January and I have all but one chapter, so I'm anxious to finish it up. She was an amazing lady! I never met her because she passed away in January and my sweetie and I met in June of the same year. It's been so fun getting to know her.


Tomorrow we start basketball. Baby Doll was so excited about her new lightweight running shoes and this new adventure. I'm excited too, but not quite so much. I've coached for years and years and the first day is still always hard. I can't figure out why I would be nervous...


We finished out the day with a laundry-folding party and Christmas movies from my childhood. Remember the Winter Warlock from Santa Claus is Coming to Town? He is my favorite. Sometimes bullies just need someone to be nice to them.

So do basketball coaches...




1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Sorry, you did sale more tupperware; but happy you could work on an important project. You do some fun cubbing activities; you are so creative in that calling. Another fun post! Hugs~