Dec 14, 2016

Playing Santa

Remember on Sunday when I told you about the Choir Concert? Well, afterward we were cleaning up when I happened across a conversation with my dear friend, Steve James. It just so happened that he was doing a charity concert at Columbia Elementary on Monday night and he had not been able to find anyone to play Santa Claus.


He seemed pretty desperate so I mentioned that on quite a few family occasions and at one ward party, my sweetie had played that role and he already had his own Santa suit. The only thing was that he would have to ask my sweetie himself. I learned a long time ago not to commit my sweetie to anything he didn't have any say in.

Steve hustled back into the gym and chased him down. I continued to gather programs and trash; the chapel was almost clean, but I wanted to give them time to talk.


When I finally wandered over to where they were chatting, my awesome sweetie had agreed.

Fast forward to Monday...

We drove to the school, parked, and entered the building. I could tell my sweetie was a little nervous. They were expecting up to 1000 people. We slipped into the faculty lounge and he made the transformation into Santa. Shortly after that we were joined by the Grinch. The show was designed so the two could become friends.


When the time came to perform, my sweetie ho-ho-ho'd his way to the stage like a pro. He waved to the children, high-fived, and danced around the stage. It's a good thing he was a Cubmaster for so many years and was used to entertaining an audience!

When they were finally finished, he changed back to his normal, amazing self and we headed for the sing-along like nothing out of the ordinary had happened.

It was a good day. :)



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I do love this one! I think it is awesome that your Sweetie was the Santa. I am sure he was a great one. Watch out there were will be more people wanting him to do this.
Blessings and hugs!