Dec 6, 2016

Bells of Lone Peak

One of my favorite places to find fun and free activities for my kids is the public library. Tonight they had a bell choir concert scheduled so I thought it would be a fun way to kick off our Family Home Evening. This is a totally volunteer bell choir, so they had players of all ages.


It was pretty crowded when we got there, but we still managed to find seats. That's when I first noticed that they had a different kind of bell. I am used to the regular roundish ones that have to be played wearing gloves like Princess did in high school. We were told that these were European bells.


I was a bit skeptical. They looked like the sort of tool for finishing drywall! As soon as they began the first song though, I forgot they looked any different and I just enjoyed the beautiful Christmas music. After several numbers they called all the kids up and gave them a chance to play a much cheaper set of bells, but they still sounded great.


When the concert was over, we wandered to the front and a couple of the ladies let my kids play the actual bells. They were so excited! Even I got to try one.



We stopped by Wendy's on the way home for a free Frosty (thanks, Teach!). Another fun evening together; love making memories.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I really do need to look more often for free events like this one; it sounded so fun! Blessings and hugs!