Nov 21, 2015

Crazy Busy Fun!

I've had lots of kid's birthday parties in my tenure as a mom, but I've never had one quite like the one we had today. Scout is turning 10 on Monday so I told her she could have a friend party. She couldn't decide who to invite from school, so she finally invited her whole class. I had printed 30 invitations for her and by the time she had included her Activity Days friends and a few family friends, she had given them all out.

I got quite a few RSVPs and only one person told me they couldn't come, but there were still a bunch that were questionable. Anytime of the year I plan on at least 30% of kids who will miss the party for one thing or another. Since the holidays are nearly upon us, I figured we would lose closer to 50%.

Boy was I wrong.

By the time were got everyone here, we had 28 kids! It was a madhouse. Princess and Drama Queen were planning to be here, but they got hung up and didn't arrive until about 30 minutes late. My sweetie came to the rescue and prepared the pinata for smacking.

The kids all worked on making a beadie gecko for the first hour. I ran out of supplies and had to have my little ones give up their strings to the party guests. Baby Doll was fine with that, she just wanted to play anyway.

Drama Queen made a pinata earlier this week and I filled it with candy last night. It took about 10 kids before they managed to bring it down. Then we let each person decorate 2 cupcakes. Gifts were crazy. I couldn't hardly see what she got let alone who it came from.

I couldn't even serve ice cream because I only had 25 cones and 28 kids. Most of them were pretty hyped up from the frosting anyway, so I don't think they even missed it.

By the time the last kid left, I was thinking I might have to eat the whole bucket by myself anyway.




4 comments:

Denise said...

I love birthday parties.

Marci said...

Oh wow! What a party! Happy birthday to Scout! Hope that bucket of ice cream was tasty 😄

Kristol said...

Your article on this blog is fantastic. Well done! I’m a big fan of your blog and be sure to keep up the great work.

Camping Capital said...

I hope that you are having a great time – can’t wait to hear about your adventures!He looks like he is having so much fun being a boy!