Mar 31, 2013

Easter Eve

A little nervous!
I've repented of my attitude and we did some amazingly fun stuff today. Smith's had an Easter egg hunt at 8:30 this morning and I told the kids if they could drag themselves out we would attend. They were up watching a movie until midnight so I didn't even set an alarm.

Candy, candy, candy!
Didn't matter...by 7:45 I heard little voices in the hall waking everybody up. So we rolled out of bed and got dressed. Twenty minutes later we were at the store. We were totally prepared to walk away if there were big crowds, but the cars looked maybe a little busy for a Saturday morning so we unloaded the kids and made our way across the parking lot.

Since I didn't have the Easter baskets out of storage yet (they are now!), we grabbed each of the youngest four kids a grocery sack on our way in. All the other kids were too old to participate. The employees had blocked off four aisles and were busy tossing candy and plastic eggs on the floor. I took Baby Doll to the row for the 1 - 2-year-olds and the others spread out in their proper ages.

When the store manager called over the intercom, "Are you ready to GO?" All the little ones in our group ran into the aisle. I don't think that was the plan, but it seemed to work. Baby Doll stepped about a foot in and mostly sat down on a pile of dum-dums. She grabbed a plastic egg (with a coupon for free pudding inside) and then she scooped up all the candy she could reach on the floor. When that was all gathered up, she stood up and got the stuff that was underneath her. I thought it was a brilliant plan!

Sport and Scout scored almost as well except that they didn't get any of the plastic eggs. Curly didn't get anything. At the last minute he decided not to participate and he just stood there and watched as the other kids scooped up all the candy. Whose kid is he anyway?? I'm WAY more cut-throat than that, especially when it comes to candy!

After the egg hunt we canvassed the store for all the good deals and then piled back in the van. Instead of going home we made our way to Chick Fil A where I fed 11 of us a delicious breakfast for $22. I love coupons!

I spent a good part of the day helping the Dog Walker with his homework and Princess with an audition film she needs to send out. Drama Queen boiled 14 dozen eggs for us and the kids spent the evening coloring them and watching a Disney movie. We each even colored an egg in honor of Teach so she has a dozen eggs too. Not that she will be able to eat them, but we will take some pictures and send them to her. I'm sure they will have hard-boiled eggs in the MTC tomorrow.

I hope you all have an amazing Easter and you get to spend some time with your families!







2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Love the pics!!

Wishing you an amazing and blessed Easter!

LeAnn said...

What a very fun Easter activity. I didn't know that the Smith stores do this. The pictures showed that you had a great day before Easter.
Loved this one and blessings to you all!