Mar 7, 2013

Do You Dare to Dream?

This was it, the big day! The Dog Walker has been counting it down for weeks. That's right, the Disney on Ice Dare to Dream production. The kids were so excited!

We left the house at about 5:45 because some of them were worried about traffic and the drive downtown. Princess didn't come with us because she was worried about losing her solo in her dance class, the Gym Rat and Drama Queen both had to work, but that freed up enough tickets for Bossy, Taco, and Burrito to join us.

We picked up our tickets in the Will Call area and the awesome people from Feld even presented us with three souvenir programs. The kids said they cost $20 each when we got upstairs but I can't confirm that since I never saw the prices. I was too busy herding kids around and making sure I didn't rope in anybody's kids that weren't ours.
We were some of the first ones in our seats as you can see. While we were waiting, I was approached by Utah Mom. It was so fun to actually meet someone you only know from their blog! After that we settled down to watch the show.

I must say it was amazing! It even kept Baby Doll's attention for pretty much the entire time and that's hard to do. Her favorite part was Maximus the "creepy" horse. (Trust me when I say that she is SOO cute when she says "creepy"!) The Dog Walker loved watching Maximus do the "moon walk."

My kids love it when there is audience participation like when they told everyone to shout out the name of their favorite princess...2000 little girl voices and my Dog Walker's deep bass all shouting at once.

My favorite part was when Rapunzel and Flinn were riding the silk streamers. I would have been terrified to be so high in the air without safety straps but they were awesome. I also loved the Mama Odie character. The kids loved it when they turned on all the floating lanterns in the ceiling. Prima Donna said her favorites were the step-sisters for Cinderella. They were pretty silly.

It's always fun to sit by Teach. She is so appreciative of the tricky dance moves and she shows it by clapping and shouting. Soon all the kids were joining in.

The show was over all too soon and we packed up and headed for the doors. I hope we get invited back again. We definitely won't be leaving our own Princess home next time.


** I am a Feld Family Ambassador and in exchange for my time and efforts in attending shows and reporting my opinion within this blog, as well as keeping you advised of the latest discount offers, Feld Entertainment has provided me with complimentary tickets to Feld shows and opportunities to attend private Feld pre-Show events. Even though I received these benefits, I always give an opinion that is 100% mine. **







2 comments:

Marci said...

So much fun! I just wish I was part of the fam and had been there too!! Glad you all enjoyed it!

Kim said...

We sat right behind you guys (my daughter may have kicked you or a family member a few times as she was deciding where she could see best, sorry again) and I loved your t-shirt idea. I was totally kicking myself that I didn't make my family wear shirts too. I may have to steal your idea sometime, I hope that's okay. Good luck on KSL! That's awesome!

Kim
utahcountymoms.com