May 12, 2023

Traveling as Two - Watching the Phillies

You know I am ridiculous when it comes to baseball... so my one big spluge for this trip was 6 tickets to see the Phillies play. But I'm too cheap to pay big league prices for merch, so on Tuesday morning, we headed out in search of a Wal-Mart.
They are more difficult to find here than in Utah, but they tend to carry team gear, so I figured we could easily find some cheap hats or shirts that were branded Phillies.

Not so easy.

Big sizes were no problem, but the only 4T shirt I could find had little pleats in the sleeves. We bought it anyway and when we got back to the hotel, I turned it into a muscle shirt for our little Twizzler.

Twiz was meeting us at the field, so we picked up Teach and the kids. Twizzie was staying with Drama Queen since neither one is a fan of huge crowds.


The Philadelphia skyline is pretty amazing from the Walt Whitman bridge. The ride into town was a bit crazy, but we made it in one piece.

We had seats in section 232, the Hall of Fame Area.


That meant our seats were bigger and padded, but we also had our own little museum.


Even my sweetie was pleased with the tickets.


The only problem was that we had two blocks of seats a couple of rows apart. Twizzler sat with us at first.


A guy right behind us tapped my shoulder and asked if he could give Twizzler his Phillies-branded baseball! Of course I agreed, but I put it down in the bag after I thought he might hit one of the guys in front of us in the back of the head.


The game was over way too soon. The Phillies won 8-4 and for the first time in my life, I had eaten THREE dollar day hot dogs in a major league stadium.


My tummy hurt all the way back to Teach's house, but my heart was singing John Fogerty's Centerfield.

No comments: