Mar 19, 2019

The Sprinkle

I really need to get back in the habit of writing every day. My stories are stacking up because I haven't had time to make the effort. Actually, part of the problem is that I have had an infection in my thumb and it makes it difficult to type, but hopefully that is on the mend now although it still hurts.

So let's hop back to last Saturday. You already know that Princess and Beauty are both expecting boys; Princess will be induced on March 30 if she hasn't had her little guy and Beauty is set up for a c-section on April 10. It made perfect sense for them to have a Baby Shower together. Except that Beauty didn't want to have one. She felt very strongly that Baby Showers were for first babies only and I just couldn't seem to use my powers of persuasion to sway her.

Clearance rain boots made cute decorations and then I gave them to the older grandkids. Because older kids never get shower gifts... 


Fortunately, Drama Queen managed to do it by offering a "Sprinkle" or a mini shower with just our immediate family. I suggested we have entire families attend since we are all welcoming these sweet little ones into our lives. Finally, everyone was on board, even my sweetie, although he did seem to think that I was getting pretty creative with the ideas for getting the kids all together since we are no longer having individual birthday parties.


But I digress...

We started the party at 5:00 and Drama Queen made chicken salad that we served on croissants. I had picked up some side dishes, a watermelon, salad, and veggie tray, but the most interesting thing was our dessert. I was super excited about it actually. Another Girl Scout friend was able to put me in contact with someone from Iowa who could help us order Lemonades. Now these lemon cookies have been something I have thought about for several years, ever since Teach sent us a box from Texas while she was on her mission.


The kids were pretty excited to try them and the other two varieties I ordered as well. Drama Queen had also made up a Kahoots game with 60 baby pics from our various families. Princess was the winner of that contest. I didn't play, I just spent my time hanging out with the real babies so the other parents could play.

This is my favorite part!

Then it was time for gifts. We had the two couples sit side-by-side on the pew so we could take pictures as they opened what were almost identical gifts from their brothers and sisters and a couple of Aunts who just had to get in on the action. Our Sprinkle turned out to be way less stressful than a regular shower and lots more fun with all the husbands and kids there.


My family is just so awesome! I'm so excited to watch it grow!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, your family is growing fast. It is so fun when you have children that have babies around the same time. It’s fun to see the little cousins bond. We now have three of our granddaughters that all live in different states deciding to go to Byu I and room together. I love it.
You always throw the best parties and this looked like a great one. Congrats on those two grandbabies that are coming.
Blessings and hugs for all!