Mar 8, 2019

Chicken Soup for the Soul Books

I was visiting my friend, Jamie, the other day, delivering her cookies when I noticed that she had a "Chicken Soup" book on her table and it reminded me of a long-forgotten day when that book series was so important to me.

"I have a story in one of those books," I commented to Jamie and another friend she had over. "Yeah, right," Jamie is always the skeptic. I think people have taken advantage of her one too many times. "No, really," I insisted.


"Which one?" she demanded. I have to admit that I couldn't even tell her, but tonight when I was refreshing that conversation in my brain, I scanned my bookshelves until I found our rather dog-eared (free) copy and I sent her a pic of the cover and the first page of my story.

I'm still waiting for her response.


You all know this story already. It is the condensed version of Kiylee's Christmas. But for me it was a triumph; one of the few writings that have actually paid me cash.

Even more importantly, it gave me a chance to tease Jamie a bit, and just for that, it would have been worth the effort.

I'll let you know when I hear back from her.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I loved hearing that you had an article in those books. I didn’t read them all but I do have a couple. I wonder if I have the one you wrote in. I love that you a published story. I would love to read it sometime.
Your friend Jamie, sounds like a cute one. I love that you could send her proof.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs!