Dec 16, 2018

So Proud of that Sweet Child

The Dog Walker was so proud of his completed light display that I decided to leave his post up for a couple days. Our house has managed to get on KSL's list again this year although he swears he had nothing to do with it.

I love Christmas in both of its meanings. The story of the birth of Jesus Christ has been retold countless times and it always resonates with me. He is my Lord and my Savior and yet he came to earth as a tiny babe in humility and grace. His mother, Mary, must have been terrified, knowing that her Son would bear the burden of the sins of the world, but so proud of him as well.


Being a parent is hard! Except for Mary, we all have to face the imperfections of our children and continue to love and support them as they work through the trials and temptations of this life.


You probably don't know this guy, but he was The Beast's best friend growing up. Tonight, he and his wife and their baby girl assumed the roles of Jesus and his earthly family at This Is The Place park for their live Nativity. Each of us has the opportunity every day of "trying to be like Jesus."

As I look at this picture of Andrew, I think of him as a sweet 9-year-old Cub Scout always concerned about including everyone, a 12-year-old deacon passing the sacrament, a 17-year-old gamer, and now, just like my son, a daddy with a child of his own. Great choices, Andrew, I'm not even your mom, and I'm still so proud of your great choices.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love the photos of your friends in the live Nativity. I really loved your testimony of this great event. I have a lot of special feelings about this moment in time.
I’m happy our home made the KSL list; that is awesome. I think Dog Walker is the best at this. Email me your address again. Its’ been a while since I have been there and I want to take my grandchildren by. I can’t find where I put your address.
Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

Anna Banana said...

Beautiful thoughts today!