Dec 3, 2018

Gingerbread and the Christmas Devotional

Every year, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints broadcasts a Christmas Devotional on the 1st Sunday of December. Last year we started a new tradition of having the kids and grandkids over to watch it, eat dinner, and then decorate gingerbread houses. We decided it might be fun to try it again,

Christmas Devotional

 
My sweetie purchased 10 gingerbread house kits and another $30 or $40 worth of additional candy. He also made a delicious homemade potato soup and homemade bread bowls. We were missing 3 of the kids and their families, but other than that, everyone was here.



I spent my afternoon helping Dog Walker with some major homework since we are nearly at the end of the semester and scholarship applications since Crafty is staring to get nervous about the upcoming deadlines. She had an appointment with the bishop right after church to discuss her BYU application. She intends to apply at most of the in-state universities and see which one will give her the best scholarship.


Anyway, we took lots of pictures and made a huge mess, but it was so much fun sharing our creations with each other and snitching all the good candy out of the bowls. We are up for another busy week. I guess I will wait until the holidays are over before I sleep.



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I think this is an awesome tradition. I loved all the fun photos.
Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way!