Dec 23, 2018

Christmas Adam Observed


Christmas Adam happens to come on a Sunday this year, but that didn't stop us from coining a new phrase, Christmas Adam Observed. That way, we could still plan some fun activities with the kids. Drama Queen wanted to go to the zoo, so in spite of the inch of new snow, we headed out this morning. It actually turned out to be lovely and sunny at the zoo although pretty cold in the shade.

Our adventure included my sweetie and me, Drama Queen, Crafty, Sport, Scout, Curly, and Baby Doll. We wandered around the zoo for a couple of hours, riding the carousel, climbing on the statues, and even visiting the reptile house (an activity I normally avoid).




We left about 1:30 and took off on the second activity, a trip to Fat Cats Bowling Alley. My sweetie found out several days ago that none of the little kids had ever been bowling before, so we had to rectify that situation (besides, that made it easy to play our outing for today...) Teach, Twiz, and Twizlet met us at the bowling alley and we shared 2 lanes for 90 minutes; I could have sworn I had taken pictures there, but when I looked through my phone, I could not find even one. I guess I was too busy giving bowling lessons to take them.


This one Scout took is the only one I have. We said goodbye to Teach's family as they are heading for New Jersey on Sunday and we won't get to see them until nearly the new year. I'm glad they get to spend time with family there, but we sure miss them when they are gone. But I digress...


We arrived back at the house at 4:30 with 2 hours to eat dinner, grab some groceries, make a couple of deliveries, and leave for our final activity, The Forgotten Carols. I just love that show and I bought the tickets over Black Friday, so they were only $11 each. The kids were pretty excited! No pictures of the actual show, but I did snap a selfie of the girls in the hallway while our guys were in the restroom.


We got home late and sent the kids off to bed. Tomorrow we only have an hour of church and then some of us are planning to do a little visiting. for actual Christmas Adam. The clock is ticking down and it is almost Christmas... ready or not!

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that was a full day of extra special Christmas activities. I enjoyed reading about them all and seeing the photos.
Merry Christmas to all and may you have a wonderful celebration. Love and hugs for all!