Nov 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have decided this is the year for breaking traditions and accepting that our family is getting bigger and we can't keep doing everything that we have been trying to do. So Thanksgiving became the first holiday on the chopping block.


My sweetie has always had definite ideas about our Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, so this time I let him choose and this tradition was discarded. The kids were a little confused, but it only took a few minutes before they were excited about the beef stick, cheese, and crackers we had planned.

Bossy's cute turkey hats are one tradition that DID NOT go away!


I also assigned out all the food; something we have never done before and most certainly not on Thanksgiving. I was surprised at how quickly it all came together. Drama Queen made all the pies, Bossy made the layered jello, Teach made all the mashed potatoes and they were delicious! Dog Walker made stuffing, Prima Donna did the corn, Crafty formed and baked all the rolls (after my sweetie made up the dough), and I did mostly cleanup.


We decided to keep the tradition of everyone helping out and, of course, feeling stuffed when the day is gone.

Happy Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful your loving family did the cooking and baking..They will know how to do it for their family and in the future you and your hubs can sit back and really enjoy the holiday..Nothing wrong with family pitching in and you get to taste their version of mashed spuds, rolls, dressing, pies, cakes and veggies..Cleaning up is no easy feat, I used to do all the preparation and baking, etc..sadly most of the relatives are gone to the Lord and it is just my hubs and I but we still have our faith and each other, our only doesn't really do much at all 4 thousand miles away in NYC..but we talk and skype regularly..the reason for the season should be the love of god and our families there really isn't in my opinion anything else, oh yes and helping our fellow man I think that most important too..Happy Holidays to you and yours, hanukkah very soon, Kwanza and New Year too..God's blessings always..ciao~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeAnn said...

Wow, I loved this one! I think you are wise to not do it all but have everyone help. We have been doing that for a while in our big family celebration. Besides, I think it is fun to have your adult children contribute and show their own cooking skills. The best part is that you can then relax more and enjoy the moments of being with your precious family instead of working yourself to death.
Big blessings and hugs for this one!