May 19, 2017

Early Morning Stitches

Sorry, I tried to post for you last night, but my server was down so I took that as a sign I should just go to bed. Yesterday was rough. I already had a full day ahead of me when Prima Donna came upstairs about 8:00 AM.


"Mom, I broke Drama Queen's glass table she was using to keep the kittens from crossing the room. It cut me up a bit, but I think it's fine." Then she pulls up the edge of her skirt. It was not fine.


She had several small cuts, and one rather large gash that clearly needed some stitches. Since it was not streaming blood, I was confused. "When did this happen?"

"Oh, an hour or so ago." She tossed her hair back and pulled out her phone to admire her "chrome" lipstick.


I was stunned. "Why didn't you tell me right away?"

"Mom." She gave me a mischievous grin. "I had to finish my makeup first."

I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes as I pulled out my own phone to try to figure out how to avoid the emergency room by finding someone who could put in some stitches before 9:00 AM. We eventually landed at my doctor's office and he proceeded to make 9 beautiful little stitches as well as giving her a lecture on why it's not wise to kneel on a glass-topped table even if you are just trying to climb over it.


Aren't they pretty?


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

So sorry on this one! I hate it when a child get's hurt. So happy you could find a physician that would do this. It seems like urgent cares and ER's are the only place you can go for things like this. I see she has her priorities right; make-up first.
Hugs for this sweet girl!