Aug 4, 2016

Tons of Jam Jars

Guess what we have been doing for the last couple of days! My apricots were finally ripe and had to be used, so we made jam...LOTS of jam!

Bossy said she was nearly out and of course we needed some small jars for Princess and when I have this much fruit, I always try to treat my neighbors at Christmastime with a jar of sweetness. We made 120 this year and I never have any trouble giving them all away.

All told over the two-day period, we made over 100 quarts of apricot jam and there are STILL apricots on the tree! Crafty also prepared several gallon bags for the freezer so she could use them for smoothies. My sweetie even made a huge batch of salsa. Bossy said we made 37 batches of jam...

No wonder I am tired.






1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Yes, no wonder you are tired. What an accomplishment and I know how it feels to look at the jars and just feel so good inside for having completed it all. I haven't felt that way in a very long time; but it is a good memory. Hugs~