Aug 31, 2016

Time for a Nap

Such busy days lately!

My sweetie headed for Boston this afternoon for work. I sure wish I could have gone with him this time, but I was also happy to visit my doc for a Cortizone shot in my back this morning. Those 3 bad discs are so not fun.

After picking up Baby Doll from kindergarten, I took a two-hour nap and that seemed to help. She hung out with the Dog Walker since he didn't have class or work today. He even took her to Seven Peaks and they spent an hour on the water slides!

I arranged for Sport to leave football practice half an hour early, so when I picked up Curly we were able to drive straight to the Bees game. We missed the first couple of innings, but we did see the big home run in the 5th or 6th inning that allowed the Bees to win 3 - 2.

There were so many little kids there! I think we all left during the 7th inning stretch so we could get them to bed for school tomorrow. It was the Read Today free ticket night so the kids were also presented with a book, coupon for a MacDonald's Kids Meal, a color-changing pencil, and one of those huge annoying foam fingers.

We only had six free tickets, so it was the Dog Walker, me, Sport, Scout, Curly, and Baby Doll. Since we got there late and all the parking lots were full, I ended up paying $20 for a lousy parking spot. I was so annoyed!

After the game we headed straight back to play volleyball and then homework, cleanup, blog, and soon bed. Since Curly and Scout have band at 7:30 in the morning, it will be another short night.

Good thing I had that nap today. I'm thinking I might have one in my future for tomorrow too.


No comments: