Aug 5, 2016

New Football Season

Our PeeWee football season is off and running! Bossy has four boys playing. Two of them are her foster kids and then two of her own. Honestly, I have trouble just juggling my two, I just don't know how she is going to do it. Two of her guys are on the same team so that helps a little. Curly is the only one of the 6 boys to make the "A" team. I don't know if that's a blessing or a curse.

When The Beast first started playing football, we were flattered when his very first year he made the A team. The problem with it was that he never got to play. We were fortunate if he got his 10 promised plays and we were very relieved when he made a "B" team his second year. The boys routinely play more if they are on a lower team.

That said, we are very proud of Curly and all his hard work. He is one of the youngest on the team and he is also one of the biggest. All of my boys have been tagged as linemen because of their size. Bossy's oldest foster son is smaller and fast! He is hoping to be a running back. Weigh-ins are next week and I'm not sure about any of the other boys except Sport who is definitely lineman size. I kind of like it that way. Just pushing on the line and making tackles seems much less dangerous to me.

There is one part of football I don't like. That is the stinky, smelly gear all over my living room.

Go Bingham!!


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh, I do agree that being a lineman seems less dangerous. I have 4 grandsons playing and they are on the line because they are all big. They all live in Idaho so we don't get to see them play except last year there was a online Idaho football group that showed some of the games.
I do have a grandson that is a running back and he isn't playing this year due to a concussion.
You are going to have one busy fall. Blessings and hugs!