Oct 19, 2014

Princess's DYW Scholarship Pageant - 2nd Night

Princess on the far right - Opening Number
Personal Expression
So the Distinguished Young Woman of Utah has been selected and it wasn't my beautiful and awesome Princess, but she did a fantastic job in the program and she learned so much. I would still recommend the experience, but next time I think we will work harder on doing a better job with the paperwork.

Princess tends to be humble and modest about her own accomplishments and we probably should have been a bit more braggy and vocal in this situation.

I was so proud of her last night! She has poise and stage presence. She comes across as real and not rehearsed. She is beautiful inside and outside.

And we celebrated that beauty and her genuine spirit by heading to Applebees for 1/2 price apps. The manager came by and when we told him why we were there he even gave her a free dessert.

Now that's definitely a winner!
Celebrating at Applebees



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Congrats for your dear daughter. I know she is a winner because she did this. I felt the same way about my sweet granddaughter who did this and it was such a growing experience for her.
Loved that Apple-bee's gave her a free dessert; awesome.
Blessings for all~