Dec 1, 2012

Festival of Trees

A few weeks ago the Princess, Prima Donna, and Crafty were asked to dance with their studio at Festival of Trees. The Festival is a huge charity drive here in Utah that benefits Primary Children's Medical Center. People make and donate trees that are then sold at auction to bring in tons of money for the hospital.

Anyway, the girls were very excited to do it! Shortly after that, I asked my troop if they would like to attend the Festival to support the girls. Of course they wanted to go, duh!

So they all showed up on my doorstep about 6:00 tonight, we piled in the vans and headed to the Expo. I knew it was Friday night, but I didn't realize how crowded it would be. The parking was awful. We turned into the main lot and my sweetie (who is always smarter than me) turned into the overflow lot. That ended up costing us almost half an hour.

We finally got into the Festival and there were SO many people! Thankfully most of my scouts are older and they had phones so we weren't too worried about anyone getting lost. The rows of trees had so many people in them that we could hardly get through with the stroller. Curly fell asleep after about 10 minutes and it wasn't long before Baby Doll was upset too. She was in the front of the stroller and just tired of looking at people's legs.

We moved toward the stage and waited for the performance to begin. While we were waiting, Scout, Baby Doll and Mabel gave us our own private dance recital. They were so cute.

When the older girls took the stage, they did an amazing job and I was incredibly proud as usual. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I don't know why I didn't think to take some pictures of the trees, but we did manage to snap a few of the girls. Just too crowded, I guess.

No comments: