Dec 18, 2012

Guest Blog: Candy Cane Garland by the Dog Walker

There is one Christmas tradition I haven't talked about yet. We have a garland that goes around our kitchen with twinkling lights on it. There's something special we like to do with it. We hang candy canes all on it. We buy like a dozen packages of candy canes with different flavors and hung them all around it. We don't put the candy canes on our Christmas trees, just the garland, because it's a way so that little kids won't sneak into them without asking. 
On special occasions, like a Christmas Party, before a group of people leave, we let them have a candy cane off the garland to eat or to take home with them. Candy canes are like the sweetest treat around this time of the year. We use the garland for candy canes to make it special. And putting candy canes on it is a better way so that they won't fall and break.
Lots of the kids love a lot of different flavors. They mostly like Gobstoppers, Starbursts, Sweettart, Cherry, and Blueberry. They sometimes, like Peppermint and Hershey Mint. I kind of like lots of flavors, but I'd better be careful with sugar for the holiday. I wish there were candy canes that were healthy for everyone, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen. 


***NOTE FROM MOM***
Last night we were out late and I went to bed without putting up a post. The Dog Walker has decided he is going to bail me out every time I don't put something up. And he's going to choose the subject matter too. When I asked him about it he just said, "It's OK, Mom, I made it sound like you."

Pretty sweet, huh?




5 comments:

Marci said...

That's pretty awesome that the Dog Walker is willing to cover for you when you don't get around to posting! I never would've guessed he wrote this post if it didn't say Guest Blog in the title! You guys have some super fun traditions!

Emmy said...

Love that your kids are so into your blog and help yu out. And fun candy cane garland

Messy Musings said...

that is one of THE sweetest things I have heard in a long time!! what love there is in your beautiful family!!

LeAnn said...

I loved this one. Dog walker does sound like you. I loved the candy cane garland. I didn't realize there were so many flavors. Where have I been.
Blessings!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Looks so cute...so creative!