Dec 17, 2023

Guest Blogger: The Cousin Christmas Party by the Dog Walker

 It seems like Mom has been asking me to guest blog for her for the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure why, but she wanted me to talk about our annual Christmas party with out relatives. At first, they announced it on short notice before I had the chance to request the day off for the party. I tried to request it and it got rejected. I was really upset about it for a couple of weeks, until Mom told me I could try to ask my boss again, while also asking about my employee discount update.

So I talked with my boss about it, and after knowing that I've been working hard for a long time at Wal-Mart, he told me I could just come to work by helping out with unloading a truck for a couple of hours and then I could leave for the rest of the day. I was relieved to tell Mom about that news and to know that I could still go to the party afterwards. The party was being held at a Church in Lehi, but it was a different stake center from last year.

I baked some unique cheesecake cookies and brought a crockpot of Spaghetti-O's to go with everyone else's potluck of soups. I got to video chat with Drama Queen, and Teach's daughter to show everyone who was there at the party. They sure miss seeing Drama Queen, Teach, and their kids. The sisters opened the gift that I gave them, which was Blank Slate (obviously a family game that this family truly loves playing).

We all had a good time visiting with each other, while I was interacting a lot with Bossy's youngest son. He's been quite a smiling baby until Dad became Santa for the kids. The baby started to cry and I ended up taking him back to Bossy. The Princess and the Frog's kids were dressed up like Santa's elves and that's quite an interaction. While the kids were getting gifts from Santa, we, the adults, gave each other gifts too. I gave each set of the families a copy of my first Samy Kind book and they're really excited to read it.

After the party, some of us stayed to play a bit of basketball. I'm just glad that it all worked out and that I was able to visit the relatives at the party. Enjoy these pictures and Merry Christmas!




No comments: