Jun 5, 2023

Guest Blog: "Sweet Streeper" by Bossy and Skittles

Bossy
In March, Google Fiber was installing their cable in our neighborhood. The trenching machine they used sounded a lot like the street sweeper. Skittles would hear it and run to the front door to watch the sweeper, but come back crying that it wasn't the sweeper.  After Carnitas was born, we had Gamer home with us. I was occupied when Skittles heard the familiar noise. I yelled to Gamer explaining that Skittles had been trying to catch the sweeper in action for over a month. 



Skittles
The sweet streeper cleans our street. Dad and I ran to watch him. Dad helped me go out to the street to watch him clean the (circle) street. When he turned around, he stopped by our driveway. He let me take a picture. Then he gave me a Lego sweet streeper!  



Bossy
The city worker declined to be in the photo with Skittles, but Skittles was so excited anyway. A few days later we built his new Lego set. This was the hardest lego set he had ever attempted and he did great! We only spilled all the pieces one time. (Unfortunately we spilled them in the vent and Gamer had to fish a bunch out.)  



Mom asked me to write this up over a month ago, but we have been busy. Then when Skittles saw the sweeper multiple times this week, it reminded me.  We saw the empty sweeper at the city parade preview and kite festival. 


And then we saw the sweeper in the parade. Of course we stayed until he cleaned up the entire route and came back around. Skittles waved furiously at his best friend each time he saw him. 

No comments: