Mar 18, 2022

Traveling Together - Playing Baseball

You know how much Curly loves baseball! Apparently, it's too cold to play in Utah, so we had to come to Phoenix to get him a good game.
It was a long drive, so we spent one night in Las Vegas along the way. Gas prices are terrible, with Premium over $7/gallon in some places! Flying was out of the question since it was impossible to find a rental car anywhere near the Phoenix airport.
The scenery was nice...

The first two games were back to back wins. Curly even got a couple of innings on the mound.
That was fun, of course, and we also enjoyed the little hamburger joint where we stopped for lunch (mostly Curly...)

But my favorite part was our evening activity at the local Golfland.
We started with 18 holes of minigolf. 
Then Curly and I decided to try the bumper cars.

Then we tried them again...

And again... and a few more times after that. They were SO much fun and it was just the two of us bumping and pushing and spinning; trying to avoid the rails. The worker just kept starting the ride over for us. But I guess I whooped and hollared too much, because soon there was a crowd waiting for a turn, so we got off.

Curly really wanted to try the karts, so we headed to the track. This is never my favorite event, mostly because they are hard to get into and out of, and the seatbelts might or might not fit, but this time it worked out. 
I'm a much more cautious driver than Curly and he only lapped me twice. Thankfully his friends came along  and I was saved from a second race.

At least I felt better when he dominated that race too.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

On my, you do take some fun trips. I'm happy Curly's team won the games. I loved the photos of all the playtime.
Blessings and hugs!