Mar 2, 2022

Review: THE BATMAN

I just love it when they ask me to attend an advance screening a movie. It gives us a great opportunity for a date with popcorn and soda and popcorn... and more popcorn...

I have always liked Batman. The idea that he could do all of those amazing things without any superpowers always fascinated me, so I was pretty excited to see the latest attempts at making Bruce Wayne something special. 

Robert Pattinson does an incredible Batman. His character is raw and believable. Let me tell you, the first time he was stuck at the top of a huge building and he "flew" down using his cape made him the hero of my childhood even though he didn't quite stick the landing.

THE BATMAN was rated PG-13 and I concur. The Riddler was too dark for my 11-year-old and I was glad that we left her at home. The movie was also shot dark, but that didn't surprise me, since I always believed Gotham to be dark and full of unsavory characters. 

If you are a true Batman fan, and I don't mean the 70s TV show Batman with his ridiculous Robin sidekick, then you will love this movie. 

Opens on Friday, March 4, 2022 in theaters everywhere.



No comments: