Oct 2, 2019

We Just Need a Day Off

Remember the iconic movie, Ferris Bueller's Day Off? Today my sweetie started texting me about 11:30... he needed to take a day off. It didn't take him long to convince me that maybe we both just needed to run away for a minute. Unfortunately for him, I had just finished making my errand list and was heading out the door. Fortunately for me, he didn't care, so I waited for him to get here and we both took off in my car (which is not quite as cool as the one Ferris drives) for an afternoon together.

Our stops weren't as exciting as Ferris took either. First we dropped off Crafty's information for her mission plaque and we stopped to close an old bank account. Then we picked up some prescriptions at CVS. Since we both missed lunch, my sweetie dropped me at the Zagg store before parking in the Red Robin lot. He got us a table while I got the screen protector replaced on my phone and then walked across the parking lot to join him afterward.

During lunch we had a chance to go over Crafty's last few things she needed for her mission then when we were finished with our bottomless fries, we drove over to Seagull Book and bought her a couple of journals and some rose earrings. (My sweetie is a sucker for the rose earrings...her middle name is Rose and he can't ever just walk on by.)


We dropped some papers off at the doctor's office and then my sweetie let me out at the DI so I could go inside and buy a used briefcase for Baby Doll. She needed one as a dance prop for her performing team... I know, weird, huh? My sweetie dropped off our extra unneeded clothing and then he picked me up so we could stop by Lowe's and check on the delivery date of our new fridge (not until October 18!) Then it was time to make a quick trip to the library drive through to drop off the Dog Walker's books.

While I dozed a little, my sweetie surprised me by taking me to the car wash so we could spruce up our ride... it was fun vacuuming together, him on one side and me on the other. Finally, we swung by the studio to pick up Baby Doll from dance, dropped some checks for the boys at the bank, and headed for home.

Not a pic from today, but I didn't take any, I was too busy spending time with my sweetie.
And just for you Ferris fans, my car arrived home all in one piece. Pretty sure both of us were feeling a little more peace as well.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that was a lot of adventures for one day. I think the best part is that you did it together. It did sound a touch exhausting, but I'm sure there were sweet moments during this long day of errands.
Blessings and hugs to you both!