Oct 10, 2019

Happy Birthday, Baby Doll!

Baby Doll turned 9 years old on Monday. It's hard to believe I began writing this blog when she was about 4 months old. So much has been happening lately that is all feels like this gigantic whirlwind that I can't control or escape from.


We had an extremely successful friend party for Baby Doll today. Without Drama Queen, I never could have pulled it off. She wanted to do a Paint Party, but as you all know, I'm just not very artistic. I left that gene to all of my kids...


\
Baby Doll wanted to invite all the kids in her school class and her Activity Days class plus a couple more from her Primary Class, so I had Drama Queen make a super-cute invitation, we sent in off to
Walgreens to print out 35 of them, and then Baby Doll quickly gave them all out. It seemed like as the RSVPs started to trickle in that we would have fun, but not be too crazy. Then more and more seemed positive until I started questioning if the 30 canvas boards I bought would be enough (we ended up with 2 left over!)


Drama Queen got off work and arrived about 20 minutes before the first kids started to get here and I have to confess that I was pretty nervous by then, but she took things in hand and everything pulled off smoothly except for the fact that we had 26 screaming 3rd graders in my house! We played outside for a bit, did our paintings, opened gifts, ate cake and ice cream... filled two hours with fun... and sent them home.


It was crazy, but lots of fun too.


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the photo of Baby Doll, and it looks like you had a rip-roaring birthday party for her. You do have some fun ones.
Life has got away from me for the last month, so I am doing catch up. I have missed reading your posts and will try to look through them to see what has been happening. I need to do one myself. I haven't ever gone this long without posting, and I am coming up for 10 years.
Happy Birthday wishes and hugs for Baby Doll!