Sep 6, 2018

Spiral Averted and All is Well

I want to apologize for being so negative. It's amazing what a project and some Haagen-Dazs will do! I've had a project I've wanted to get to all summer and it was sort of forced on me tonight. Crafty needs to take a camera to school so she is going to borrow one from my sweetie. The problem was that it had been put away without a lens cap and we couldn't find one anywhere.

Crafty finally went to bed and I promised to keep looking. I scoured my sweetie's desk and on the floor, under the bookcases. Finally I thought to look in a very old camera bag that was still sitting on a completely overstuffed shelf in a closet that was long overdue a cleaning.

But not just any cleaning...


Ready for Teach's class.

A few days ago I was talking with Teach about her school and she mentioned that these Title 1 kids always run out of paper before the year ends. That motivated me to start tearing used sheets from these notebooks I've had stacked in the closet since the last century. The kids are just NOT going to use them! I was so happy to know that someone could. I just had to do all the legwork of discarding the written pages.

Headed for the dumpster.
I've been at it for 3 hours and yes, I found a lens cap for Crafty about 2 1/2 hours ago. Besides the more usable closet, I have found some true gems in journals that had gotten lost, but more importantly, some of the Dog Walker's very first artwork for the stories he has written that will one day make him famous.

Not finished yet, but looking much better!
I still have half a dozen hours of work to finish going through all the notebooks, but it feels so good to unload. Kind of like getting a great haircut... or finding the lens cap....

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, I can relate to this one. I have done the same thing when looking for one item ended up cleaning out a whole area. I believe as you do that when you complete a project like this, you feel so good inside. I am now a bit more motivated to tackle an area of our home that needs a real makeover.
Blessings and hugs!