Sep 18, 2018

83 Years for Grandpa

Last Saturday my dad turned 83 years old. He is pretty open about the fact that he has spent many years on this earth. In fact, had my mom been alive, they would have celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this past week. So we just had to have a party! This one was a bit larger than our typical one since I invited all of my siblings and their families as well.

By my count, we had exactly 51 people here plus my brother-in-law who spent the evening sitting in his car in front of the house. (But that's another story.) We served Dad's favorite meal, spaghetti and meatballs, and I made a huge German chocolate cake.

Pic from a previous party since lately I keep forgetting to take any...

The party spread throughout the main floor of the house and it spilled into the basement and the backyard. We were only missing my two brothers and their families and Beauty and The Beast and Little Warrior. I guess there were a few random grandkids too who weren't able to make it, but for the most part, Dad had the majority of his family around him.

There was plenty of laughter and sharing of stories. Dad opened his gifts and was gracious and grateful. We don't always get along perfectly, but I'm so glad that he is here with us. Happy birthday, Dad.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Happy Birthday to your dear Dad! I love the celebration you threw for him. How wonderful to have so many famliy members there to share these precious moments with him. You do know how to throw a great party.
Loving thoughts, birthday wishes and blesings for him! Hugs for all~