Apr 6, 2018

Work Party #4

We seem to start these parties a bit later every day...

The sleepover kept the kids up late and this time we didn't really get going until about noon. My sweetie had chosen the basement to tackle today and honestly, it could have been much easier, but we really needed to do some major sorting and tossing to make things easier to maintain.

Of course the little kids didn't want to let anything go and the big kids were willing to let pretty much everything go, but in the end we came up with a nice compromise. We now have 8 totes with sorted toys. My sweetie hauled the two large metal shelves to the garage so he could use them for his projects out there. I cleaned everything up in the Food Store and most of the utility room. My sweetie ran the group that sealed all the new tile in the utility room and he did heavy cleaning in the bathroom.

We cleaned up the storage room, the projector room, and the reading nook. We left the apartment to Dog Walker and Cat Lover. This project filled the big van with stuff to go to the DI tomorrow and a good sized pile of trash to put in the big dumpster on Monday. As I'm sitting here pondering; I don't think we even opened the door to the furnace room. (I hope it was clean...)

It also took most of the day.


We finally got around to dinner about 8:30 and then we debated on what to do for our play party. My sweetie gave the kids 5 options and they chose to go to Sonic for 1/2 price shakes. It's late now and I'm sorry I don't have pics of all of our hard work. Sometimes it is so difficult to take a minute out for pics. Let's just say we are reclaiming our house... one work party at a time...


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, we really need a work party like this here. It sounds like you got some major things accomplished. It was an inspiring post. We really need to do some real de-junking.
Blessings and hugs!