Jan 27, 2017

My Birthday Was a Circus...A Jordan World Circus

We were so excited when the awesome people at Jordan World Circus sent me not one, but two family packs for us to see the circus on my birthday! It was a cold and snowy night, but we still got 14 of us there to enjoy the evening.


We decided to sit on the opposite side this year, but that turned out to be the backside. It didn't matter too much most of the time, but the few times they danced we couldn't see their faces. Oh, and the tiger cages were in the way so we didn't see all of that show either.


Other than those two little things, we had a great time! I missed the acrobats from last year, but the things that bothered me like too much time with the dog show were all cleared up. It seems that this circus actually listens and tries to do as the audience suggests.


My favorite acts were the elephants, of course, the rope dancers, and most especially the couple on the ribbons. They were amazing! I don't believe I have ever seen the woman wrap up in the fabric and then hold the man 30 feet above the ground. He must have weighed close to 200 lbs and she was this tiny thing, but her arms were super strong. I was impressed and so were my girls.


My boys loved the motorcycles in the ball as always, but their favorite parts this year were Spiderman, the spinning wheel, and the man who was shot out of a cannon. I'm pretty sure all three may have been the same super-talented performer.


As we were walking out, The Frog commented on how I had helped him cross something off his bucket list. He had always wanted to see an elephant show and he was definitely not disappointed. It was a great evening for all of us.

Baby Doll, catching a peek at the tigers during the intermission.







1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Wow, that was awesome to get to take them all to the Circus. It has been many years since we have been to a circus and may someday we can take some of our grandkids there. Loved your thoughts and photos on this one! Hugs~