Jan 31, 2017

All My Ducks

For about 30 seconds yesterday, I thought I had it all together, but as always, things fall apart quickly and then there is too much to do and never enough hours in the day to get it all done. I keep thinking, "When the wedding is over..." or "When Christmas is over... " and "After the shower or maybe after the grandbaby is born..." But as soon as that event happens, other things quickly crowd in to fill my time.

Like this week...

I feel bad for the lady in charge of costumes for the kindergarten operetta (thankfully it's not me!) so even though I am already making a lion costume, I volunteer to make a rhino as well.

Baby Doll makes such a cute lion!
Or with basketball, we have our schedule all set up and it usually goes off pretty well, but then we are bumped for something infinitely more important, the viewing of one of my dear friends, and it's a scramble to let everyone know and rearrange.

Or my cub scouts and a brand new den leader to help me. Not a bad thing, just that it requires all new coordination and new meeting time and letting everyone know.

Or suddenly Drama Queen's offer for a house was accepted and now she (and I'm guessing ultimately me) is drowning in paperwork and needs a second pair of eyes to help get through it all.

A new chapter for Drama Queen
Or 6 new chapters to edit for Grandma Relia's history that need to be done ASAP since the deadline is upon us.

Or that late notice from the school library that Scout forgot to return her book.

Or Grandpa's prescription that said it had a refill but it really didn't and now I have to contact the pharmacy, and the doctor's office, and make sure it comes before he runs out because insulin is so important to a diabetic!

Oh man, I am so complaining today. I'm sorry. Someone just said to me earlier this week, "Sandy, you always have all your ducks in a row..." Not true! But I do have all my ducks...

My "Crazy Eyes" pic for Curly


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of funny and daily life stuff, both of which we all
need!b Keep ‘em coming… you all do such a great job at such a good writing… can’t tell you how much I, for one appreciate all you do!

Roofing company Brooklyn

LeAnn said...

Yes, you do have all your ducks! Just reading all the changes in your day made me stressed in away. I thnk it is because I can relate in a smaller way. I didn't have as many children but I do remember having to change with varying circumstances. I think you do such a marvelous job with it all. I also love that sweet Baby Doll in the Lion Costume.
It was so fun to have a few moment with you and two of your adorable children. I loved the moments. Let's have more!
I do hope you can slow down a tad at some point of time. Meanwhile, just keep enjoying all these precious moments you write about.
Big hugs~