Jan 20, 2017

Getting Ready for Baby Twizlet

A few days ago, I was approached by someone from diapers.com requesting I mention them in a blog post. I think it's pretty hilarious that I had 12 babies and no one ever asked my opinion before, but now that I'm a grandma and getting ready for some full-time babysitting, suddenly I'm an expert!

Yesterday Teach and I went to her doctor's appointment. It's the first time I've done this with her, but Twiz had something else and of course I had to sell GS cookies to the doc. Teach is seeing the same doctor that delivered her 25 years ago as well as 8 of her siblings. I was surprised to feel the memories all flooding back to my own frequent visits.

Beautiful Teach - absolutely glowing!

Teach is at 36 weeks now, so she will be making that drive once a week until her little one is born. We have a shower scheduled for Saturday and Drama Queen and I have spent many hours planning and preparing. Now we are just down to cleaning the house and acquiring the food.

If you remember, we made a quilt for Teach back in November and it is finally finished. I think it would have been much easier to look at one of the diapers.com gift guides. I had heard of diapers.com before, and I thought it was only a diaper service and maybe wipes, but it is so much more! They have pretty much anything you could think of for a new mom and if you order $49+ you get free shipping which is convenient since they offered me a $50 gift card to their site so I could try it out.


I want to find something fun and unique for my new little granddaughter. Teach already has most of the big stuff thanks to Twiz's very generous family. The site even has Legos! I think some of those Melissa and Doug puzzles could keep Twiz entertained while he is waiting for Twizlet to grow up enough to play with him.

I think maybe we need to have a shower for me too. I've given away most of my baby stuff now and I can't possibly tend a newborn without a sling or a swing. And diapers of course... pacifiers (a whole box!)... wipes... a rattle or two...

... better get my own carseat... on second thought, $50 in compensation won't be nearly enough. I wonder how they feel about a second blog post?


1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am sp excited for ups all. I am with you I think Grandma's need a shower. I had to re-purchase a lot of items when we started to have grandchildren and I did need a car seat or two. Happy you could do a little review. Enjoy the moments on this one! Hugs for all~