Jan 17, 2017

Martin Luther King Holiday

Sorry I didn't post last night. We had another exciting day here! Since all the kids were out of school for the holiday, we decided to drive the couple of hours to Sanpete County to visit my cute MIL. I don't know if I mentioned that I have been helping in the final editing of my sweetie's grandmother's history, but this book is almost ready for the publisher.

There were two of these beauties right in the middle of town!
My MIL and her brothers and sister are planning a huge family party to release this book and of course we are right in the thick of things. Drama Queen has been asked to write a play about this incredible woman's life and then we are responsible for recruiting actors (I think because we have the most kids!), arranging props and costumes, and staging the final event.

Thank goodness we have until May! Although much of the work will need to be done upfront. That was one of the main reasons we headed south. After visiting for a while, we loaded Curly, Sport, Drama Queen, and my sweet MIL into the car and we drove over to the church where we will be having the party.

We checked tables and chairs for the meal as well as the lights, sound system, and stage. Drama Queen started planning things in her head and the boys searched for a basketball. They finally found one that was totally flat. It was pretty funny watching them try to shoot it and then giggling as it fell like a rock to the floor without even the tiniest bounce.


When we were finally finished, we headed back to the house where my sweetie had concocted a delicious creamy potato soup.After that the kids went sledding. We talked costumes and my MIL sent a whole box of things home with us so that we could see how they might work out.

We were later getting home than we had planned and my little ones were late for their dance classes, but it all worked out. Drama Queen is also thinking of buying a house so we went to look at one and got visiting there until almost 8:00 when we had to pick up Crafty from dance.

Back at the house the kids had made mac n cheese for dinner, so my sweetie swept me away to Herriman to get more cookie forms for the troop and then to Kohl's to buy me something for my birthday next week and then out to a late dinner at Chili's.


After getting the kids off to bed, cutting my sweetie's hair and beard, and finishing what had to be done, I was too tired for anything else. It was a fun, exciting day, but exhausting as well. One of these days I might have to think about slowing down a little...

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I do not know how you manage to put so much into one day; amazing. Yes, one ought to think of slowing down a tad. I love the fun things planned for your MIL's party. We had a 90th birthday party for my mom a few months before she passed and we had so much fun putting it together and she enjoyed every moments.
Loved the ending of your day and the fun times with your hubby! Blessings and hugs~