Nov 21, 2015

Super Prepared

Prima Donna playing dress up since Grandpa has the pics from tonight
I can't believe it is already November 21. That means that Christmas is only a little more than a month away! I've thought some on it but not nearly enough, I'm afraid. Right now I'm just trying to get through the next few days. I've sort of felt like that all week.

Today I had the finals for the volleyball tournament. No, we didn't get anywhere near making it to the finals, but we did play both Thursday and Friday and it was lots of fun. This time I was running the score for all the final games, helping set up and clean up. We had to be there at 7:30 this morning and I got away about 10:30 which was much better than I was expecting. One of the teams forfeited out of the consolation bracket so we cancelled the last match.

I came home and tried to nap for an hour, but it was a useless attempt. Then I went to Tupperware training for a couple of hours. It started at 10:00, but I had been excused for the entire morning, so I didn't show up until about 12:30. I was home again by 2:30 and then headed back out for the store. It was a zoo! I did finally get the groceries I needed for Scout's family party tomorrow and for Thanksgiving.

Putting them away just naturally led to cleaning up the kitchen. At 4:30 I ran to the distribution center to find the things I needed for Activity Days on Tuesday. I want to be completely prepared for the upcoming week. Then it was make dinner and take my girl scouts to see Prima Donna's musical, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.

We dropped off the last of the girls and got home about 10:30. I have to be at the church at 8:30 in the morning for choir practice, so I'm trying to get to bed early, although I'm not in a hurry for the weekend to end. The reason I need to be super prepared for the week is because I'm having a little surgery on Monday. The doc is going to 'scope my knee and remove the old scar tissue that is floating around from my ACL replacement 20 years ago.

He says it should be a pretty easy surgery and I won't even have to spend the night in the hospital or anything, but I'm still worried about the recovery time and how well I will feel about doing anything for most of the rest of the week. I'll keep you posted.


2 comments:

Marci said...

Prayers that your surgery goes well! Sounds like a super productive day (although I'm pretty sure ALL your days are super busy and productive)!!

Denise said...

sending prayers, and love.